Landlords Insurance | Master Builders Insurance Brokers

mbais product landlords

Landlords Insurance

Cover for your investment property.

Cover for

Property damage
Tenant-related risks


Cover types

Building and contents
Building only
Contents only

Protect your investment with broad cover.

Protect your investment with our range of cover options for rental properties against vandalism, damage and loss of rent.

In conjunction with CGU Insurance Ltd, we have developed our very own instant 'quote & buy' facility where you can obtain a quote and proceed with cover in just a few minutes.

Disclaimer: When you proceed with the CGU online quote & buy facility, we are not acting on your behalf as an insurance broker normally would. We are acting as an agent of the Insurer. Should you prefer to utilise the full services of an insurance broker, please contact our office directly.

Key benefits
icon property types
Protection for all property types
icon covers trades
Includes emergency repairs
icon covers costs
Optional loss of rent cover
icon theft cover
Optional tenant theft cover

Why CGU?


Our choice of Insurer for this facility is based on a consideration of their claims service, policy coverage, competitive premium pricing and company financial strength rating.

You can quote this product online right now:

Buy online

Why should you choose our preferred insurer?

Here's an example:


Mary and Bill owned an investment property on Sydney's Northern Beaches.

They relied on the rental income from their tenants to help cover the mortgage payments. During a particularly bad storm, water entered the premises and flooded the home. There was extensive damage to carpets, wall coverings and skirting boards.

Luckily Mary and Bill had landlords cover which they successfully claimed on for repairs to the property.

The existing tenants were not able to stay in the property while the home was inundated by water. Therefore Mary and Bill also claimed for loss of rent while the house was uninhabitable, allowing them to repair the property quickly and meet their mortgage repayments.

Advice from our experts:

mbais quote white

Consider adding rent default and loss of rent to your policy. This optional cover provides peace of mind if your tenant stops paying rent or leaves without giving notice during their tenancy.

It can also cover rent when there is damage making your property uninhabitable, and your tenants can no longer stay.

Joe Keiper Southern Region Manager

Talk to your local specialist:


Brent  Cooper
Brent Cooper
Business Development Team Leader

Ready to go?
Buy online:


Quote now

Connect with us

Join us